Beware: Quick recap of Alaska trip, many pictures and not many words.
The next stop was at the glacier. This is the waterfall that was by the glacier. It was smokey and so the glacier was hard to see but it is on the left.
Then for the fun part. We saw the bears!! They walked right under the bridge we were standing on. There was a mother and two cubs. So cute!
Here is the next edition to the towel animals.
Then we sailed into the bay with the glacier, this was an education for me I do not know a lot about glaciers. We saw them calving and splashing and waves.
It was in this bay that they had a "polar bear swim"?? In a heated pool in 70 degree weather. Well of course Jim had to participate. He was the first to do the belly flop.
We went to Sitka next. I really liked Sitka, it was very charming. This is the only totem pole we were able to see because we were unable to go to Ketchikan.
This day was mom and dads anniversary. When I was first married I could not imagine being married for 50 years. It seemed like forever. Now we are coming up on only a few years away from 20 and it seems like yesterday we got married. I assume to some extent it feels that way to mom and dad. I am sure grateful to these two wonderful people!! Happy Anniversary!!
The next night we had dinner entertainment as the wait staff sang and danced and threw food and ...
Here is yet another towel animal.
This night was also the midnight dessert buffet. It was fun to see all the different things, it went all the way around the pool. It was quite overwhelming for me so I didn't have much of an appetite although the chocolate fountain with fruit was excellent.
The next day we went to Victoria and walked around a bit. This is the Empress Hotel, it was very pretty and I guess famous (not to me).
We saw this bronze statue and it moved. She was very good and I loved to watch her.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Ok only 2 months late...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's always good to have a mini memory vacation two months after the fact!!
Two months late? Congratulations Jenni!!!!
No matter when you get it written it brings back good memories. I'm all ready to do another one. I'm exhausted and need a break - let's go!!
I'm glad you got a picture of the bronze girls, she was really fun to watch. Thanks for the memories.
Never to late. As least I hope not. Fun pictures. I always will love the Polar Bear Plunge!!!
That looks like a great cruise! What line did you go on again? I love the towel animals! The bronze "statues" are freeky, huh? I remember seeing some in Italy and being scared to death when something you think is inanimate comes to life on you! Yikes! Happy Anniversary to your parents! We've said we'll do that with my parents and in-laws on their 50th, too! I'm glad to see it can actually happen!
Post a Comment